Skip to main content

Hi, I have a Sonos Five which I use for my vinyl player/AirPlay from my phone. It happens to sit next to my TV so I thought it’d be a good idea to also try to get the two connected in order to watch some movies.  After doing some research, I’ve hit a brick wall and I’m baffled as to why I’m unable to connect it to my Samsung TV via bluetooth/wifi. It seems only way to do it is using optical to 3.5mm cable/converter combo but other than the obvious issue of the jack already being occupied, internet suggests also that there is a slight lag causing lip sync issues. 

Has anyone figured out how to connect it using bluetooth/wifi? Funnily enough I can AirPlay a movie from my phone to TV (Netflix) while connected to the Sonos and it works fine but obviously is a bit of a pain to set up each time. 

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

First, the Five has no Bluetooth capability. Second, to get a signal into the Sonos ecosystem, you need either an analog in, such as there is on the Five, which is subject to the normal 75 ms or more delay, or a Sonos device designed for hoe theater that has a digital input, such as the Sonos Amp or one of the soundbars.

A long way of saying no, there isn’t, and you’re already using the best input method for the devices you have.