Answered

Sonos era 300 wall mount upside down

• 4 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Hi All,

I just installed my Era 300 on the Sonos wall mount upside down option.

My question is if there is need to be a gap between the wall mount and the era 300 - please see picture

How far should the brads be screwed and how much space should be left 

On the one hand I can tighten the screws more and on the other hand I don't want to do any damage…

Any feedback/experience from the community with that case?

Raz

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 October 2023, 11:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’m no expert here but if you mount your Era 300 upside down don’t the upward firing speakers fire down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RazzDa 

Thanks for your post!

I’m not sure about the gap, but I’d recommend tightening the screws properly - just don’t force anything. As long as the speakers is secure, all should be good.

I hope this helps.

Thx Corry.

They are secure, so probably this should be fine. Thx again.

Hi All,

I just installed my Era 300 on the Sonos wall mount upside down option.

My question is if there is need to be a gap between the wall mount and the era 300 - please see picture

How far should the brads be screwed and how much space should be left 

On the one hand I can tighten the screws more and on the other hand I don't want to do any damage…

Any feedback/experience from the community with that case?

Raz

@RazzDa can you please comment on the sound quality with the speakers mounted upside down?

Hi All, Sure.

The sound quality is amazing. Im not 100% sure if this is the best I can get with the upside down but for me this is great.

I replaced One SL with the Era 300, There is no doubt that it is several levels up...

Hi All, Sure.

The sound quality is amazing. Im not 100% sure if this is the best I can get with the upside down but for me this is great.

I replaced One SL with the Era 300, There is no doubt that it is several levels up...

That’s pretty much what I was looking at doing...I’ve got Arc and Sub (Gen 3) with Sonos One SL’s for surround and was looking to boost the surround a bit more due to the size of the room. My issue is my couch is up against the back wall with my One’s mounted 4-5ft above the couch with only about 1-1.5ft from the One’s to the ceiling, therefore the 300s would need to be mounted upside down. My concern is the downward “force” of sound hitting listeners on the couch. Also, one of my One’s is kind of in a corner so it’s got a ceiling and another side-wall less than 2ft away from it. Are you able to speak to any of that?

Same for me, Arc with Sub Gen3. This is the best configuration with the Era 300.

No worry about the sound hitting listeners on the couch - it sounds terrific.

I attach pictures on how this is mounted in my living room - if this will help as well.

@RazzDa Nearly identical to my wall setup too :) So no issues with the sound bouncing off that corner?

@RazzDa Did you use the Sonos wall mounts? they are pretty expensive...

Yes, I preferred to use the Sonos wall mount since the Era 300 are quite heavy with the reason of the upside down configuration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thx Corry.

They are secure, so probably this should be fine. Thx again.

If they do loosen a non-hardening thread locking compound like Lock-Tite Blue will keep them tight. Lock-Tite Red will be almost impossible to remove, as will any other hardening locking compound.