Skip to main content

I bought a pair of Era 100s for better stereo separation when listening to my Victrola stream in my LR I called the pair Den, and they are physically in LR with the stream. I get better separation than my Beams and their subs G1 and sub-mini (BR) or G2 and sub-G3 (LR). Also, the bass is pretty good, and I can tweak it in the app to almost match a set of speakers from back in the day; so, I don’t see the need to add a 3rd sub to my system just for the 100s I can simply move LR sub-G3 to den and back as desired.

The setup was easy. However, remember to add each speaker to your system one at a time, place them, and connect them to power, and add them as you go. This helps the app, and you keep things straight as you go. I had Den and Den2 as Era 100 speakers at this point; with a sticky note with the name of each speaker. The last thing I set up was the Era 100s stereo pair; I sat in my listening position and picked the Era 100 to the left of my position (Den) as left and the app saw den2 as the right it worked the first time!

Records played, and other media streamed to the room Den (the stereo pair) with no problem. I did not add a voice assistant to the Era 100s in my system because the beams already have them. The mics are usually off for the Era 100s unless they are being turned. To limit the responses when Alexa or Hey Sonos is said. I have not tried to tune Era 100s either by Apple or Android yet even though Android tunning looks available for the Era 100s, but not the beams and subs I have.

Connectivity I did get the line-in adapter for the Era 100 from Sonos for future use. If you want to hardwire an Era 100 to your network and connect an audio source, you need to get the Sonos Combo Adapter. Both adapters are specific to Sonos and there are no 3rd party adapters that work available yet as of Aug 31, 2024. The Victrola stream ‘works with Sonos.’ and can connect wirelessly or wired to my network and my Sonos system. However, you will need it to connect to a non-Bluetooth or non ‘works with Sonos.’ Sources.

Bluetooth, I did find that to pair (at least the first time) the app settings for the room with the Stereo pair under Hardware rStatus lights and touch controls] must be on. To allow the pairing button to work and the status light color to be seen. Bluetooth pairing mode is flashing blue; Bluetooth connected mode is steady blue.

Line-in can only be selected in the app if an audio device is connected to a speaker. If the Sonos line-in adaptor is not plugged into the USB-C port or is plugged in without an audio device in the 3.5 mm stereo jack that input selection is greyed out.

Unfortunately, as a Stereo pair Era 100s cannot be added as surrounds to a Sonos soundbar. You must remove the stereo pair and add them to the soundbar as surrounds. Adding Eras as surrounds Disables Bluetooth and line-in capability.

Be the first to reply!