Skip to main content
Question

Setting up x2 Sonos 100 as a system

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a second Sonos 100. When I had one, everything worked fine. Now that I have two, the system is very unstable, needs resetting daily, the reset process is inconsistent and the outcome is variable. The best I can hope for is that I can push directly from Apple Music, but often the two speakers aren’t listed as an option. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, created a new user account, done multiple factory resets. Nothing seems to work. Any stable solutions?

I also read on here that you can’t actually set two Sonos products as an integrated system, you need a minimum of three. Is this true?

All in all, very disappointing as the sound quality is good but only then the system periodically decides to work.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

No, you don’t need three - even just one is a system. With 2 you can have a 2-room system or 1-room containing a stereo pair of same-model speakers. 

In larger systems Sonos has a feature called grouping. You can create groups on the fly or you can save configurations such as “downstairs”. There’s a shortcut button “group everywhere” which only applies when there are more than 2 rooms in a system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried rebooting the router? 
And have you gone to Settings - Manage - System Updates?