Skip to main content
Question

Setting up x2 Sonos 100 as a system

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a second Sonos 100. When I had one, everything worked fine. Now that I have two, the system is very unstable, needs resetting daily, the reset process is inconsistent and the outcome is variable. The best I can hope for is that I can push directly from Apple Music, but often the two speakers aren’t listed as an option. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, created a new user account, done multiple factory resets. Nothing seems to work. Any stable solutions?

I also read on here that you can’t actually set two Sonos products as an integrated system, you need a minimum of three. Is this true?

All in all, very disappointing as the sound quality is good but only then the system periodically decides to work.

No, you don’t need three - even just one is a system. With 2 you can have a 2-room system or 1-room containing a stereo pair of same-model speakers. 

In larger systems Sonos has a feature called grouping. You can create groups on the fly or you can save configurations such as “downstairs”. There’s a shortcut button “group everywhere” which only applies when there are more than 2 rooms in a system. 

Have you tried rebooting the router? 
And have you gone to Settings - Manage - System Updates?