Roam stops playing music

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Thanks Ken for your help, but I’m not using Homekit at all, nothing is installed. 

Here too are some suggestions from Apple sources to fix problems with Airplay connections:

• Restart all devices and try to AirPlay again
  • Remove and reinstall the App being used for Airplay on the sending device 
  • Toggle off Bluetooth, or if already off, try turning it ‘on’ on the sending device 
  • Turn off Cellular Data
  • Disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices (like speakers)
  • Connect to the same WiFi network access point
  • Reset your network settings on your iDevice in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  • Disable ‘Private Address’ MAC Spoofing in the iOS Network connection 
  • Disable WiFi calling.
  • Update iOS, and speaker firmware/software
  • Move your devices away from other electronics and closer to the main router
  • Renew your devices DHCP lease via the router configuration pages or better still, reboot the router.
  • Switch off any Security/VPN software installed on the sending (mobile) device

Hi Ken, 

I’ve tried the suggestions provided. Seems it’s due to a WiFi issue. I deleted the 5g Wi-Fi network from the Sonos App settings, just having 2g and seems working. Additionally I want to check the access point that I have, perhaps it has an issue with the 5g config not working properly, because putting the Roam near to the router instead of the access point worked with both networks. 

Many thanks for your help

I worked out the issue and solution for this issue in my instance. 

I was playing a playlist from my connected Spotify account and this continually kept stopping after a few seconds into the song. 

I then used Spotify and AirPlay from my wife’s phone and it was fine.

It turned out my daughter was playing something from our family iPad on the same Spotify account. I couldn’t see any error messages about conflicts with Spotify account use. If it’s not already clear, you can’t play using the same Spotify account from multiple devices. We have a family account and my wife and I use different logins. 

Hope this helps a few people.