Skip to main content

So I just got the Roam yesterday for the primary use of connecting it to my projector via Bluetooth and then ‘sharing’ the sound with my existing pair of One SL. But the Roam doesn’t ‘share’ the sound to the SL, whether on WiFi or BT even though both sets of speakers have been grouped together.

When on WiFi and using my Andriod Sonos App, if a song is first played on the Roam, it won’t play on the SL when it is added to the group. If the song is first played on the SL, it will play on the Roam when added to the group. (No issues with creating the group for both instances, but no sound on the SL in the first instance)

When the Roam is connected via BT to my phone/projector, the sound won’t play on the SL when they are added to group. (clicking on the Group icon on the phone app shows both sets have been grouped and playing). Most of the times the SL doesn’t play when added to the group, sometimes it plays for a split second before cutting out. I’ve only managed to get it to play as a group once last night, and now doesn’t anymore. 

Have you tried placing the Roam in different locations in the room to see if it makes any difference? Are there any other devices in the room that could be causing interference?

Have you tried placing the Roam in different locations in the room to see if it makes any difference? Are there any other devices in the room that could be causing interference?

No difference when moving the Roam to a different location. 
I have the usual array of electronic devices in my room (laptops, phones , projector, etc). I have rebooted my modem+router. Only other thing I can think of is to remove all speakers from the Sonos system and reconnect them but wanna avoid that if i can coz the SL did take some time to get working (one had to be physically connected to the router to get the pair working)

I think you hit the nail on the head by asking about interference. I just realised I had a wireless security cam placed next to the speaker. Shuffled some things around and now the speakers play flawlessly. Thank you for that.