Skip to main content

I really like that the Roam still shows up in the Sonos app when on Bluetooth, displaying battery level as well as providing access to EQ independent of the source music app/device. The poor "old" Move just shows up as "Offline". Does anyone know if this is a function of Bluetooth 5.0 or some other hardware related inclusion in the Roam, or is it possible that this functionality will eventually be implemented for the Move too with a software update?

Hi @arcadelt,

The difference between what you’re seeing in the app is that Roam is the first Sonos speaker to come with Bluetooth line-in - being able to share the Bluetooth audio over WiFi to other Sonos products. Move isn’t able to do this and its Bluetooth and WiFi functions are separate modes, which is why it shows as offline when in Bluetooth mode. I’ll certainly pass on the feedback that you’d like to see the same experience as Roam with Move to our product development team for consideration :slight_smile:

@James L. It would be good if in the app you could choose Bluetooth Line-In as a source like the normal Line-In from Port, Five etc. That way you wouldn't need to Group the Roam with another speaker and then mute the Roam if you only want sound coming from the one speaker.

I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to then play something different to the Roam while also using Line In like I understand that you can with Port, but if the Roam was capable of that then it would be a great feature! 

Is it possible to group my Move and Roam when in Bluetooth?

You can group a Roam on Bluetooth with a Move on WiFi, but not when both are on Bluetooth. You cannot even group two Roams when both are on Bluetooth.

Would love to be able to get BT on the Roam . i get the chime but no blue light. I only want to use it on trips with BT to my phone. Every time i try to add it to my system it knocks the amp off and all music stops.

Very annowing!

You can group a Roam on Bluetooth with a Move on WiFi, but not when both are on Bluetooth. You cannot even group two Roams when both are on Bluetooth.

Although what you say is true, there are dual-audio streaming BT transmitters on the market, like this example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J58KY3X

…such devices will ‘pair’ to two BT speakers and play the streaming BT audio in sync. I’ve tried this and they do seem to work okay - handy to play to two Moves at a remote location and the device linked above, also my has a built-in rechargeable battery that will last the day.

@Yaks Maybe you should contact Sonos about your problem. 

Thank you for your reply , after the second try i got the update to run and work, as soon as i did that the speaker worked just like it was sold to do!.

Sonos should make it clear that you should check for updates right out of the box!

Thank you for your reply , after the second try i got the update to run and work, as soon as i did that the speaker worked just like it was sold to do!.

Sonos should make it clear that you should check for updates right out of the box!

And Apple, and Google and LG and Sony -and - and- and every other manufacturer. It’s the first thing I do for every piece of tech that connects to the internet is check to see if there are any software or firmware updates.