Roam - insufficient power supply

• 6 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Just finished a software update to my Sonos Roam (second one I've had the first one died and had to be returned). I'm now getting a warning about "insufficient power supply" when charging.

The power supply I'm using meets the minimum requirements. So just for fun I took a 65W USB-C power supply for a laptop and plugged it in. Getting the same error.

Anyone else have this issue?

3 replies

I’m seeing the same thing, just purchased it this last week. However it still charges fine. 

Badge

I used both a 10w charger and a 60w charger. Both created this error in the app. This shouldn't be hard. Prior to me updating the software today I hadn't seen this error either. Buggy software?

Interestingly after the device was charged to 40ish% the error has gone away.

This is my second Roam (the first stopped working), I'm a little wary of this product as it never has worked quite right. The rest of my Sonos products have worked flawlessly for the most part.

No, but you ideally need a PD charger with 5V x (1.5 to 3A) power- output. So somewhere in the region of 7.5w to 15w. I would aim for between 10-15w.

I have two Roams here and both charge without any issues and I’ve not ever seen the warning you mention, probably because the chargers here are in the power-output range mentioned.