Answered

Roam as a bluetooth controller

• 10 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Can you add a bluetooth device like a turntable and use the Roam to play on your system?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 April 2021, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

From the Roam announcement post:

"Seamless connectivity also unlocks Bluetooth streaming for your entire system, with the Sonos app allowing you to group any of your Sonos speakers to Roam when streaming with Bluetooth".

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can connect a Bluetooth turntable to the Roam and play the turntable audio to the rest of your Sonos speakers.

It’s one of the interesting features provided by the different ‘radio’ in the Roam versus the Move, the ability to have both energized at the same time. I’d assume it’s a hardware change, if it was only software, they’d have enabled it on the Move at the same time.

Yes, you can connect a Bluetooth turntable to the Roam and play the turntable audio to the rest of your Sonos speakers.

does this work with Ikea Symfonisk speakers as well?

Yes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you sure, @GuitarSuperstar ? I thought it could connect to wifi or Bluetooth but not both together. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I stand corrected. @GuitarSuperstar is correct; thanks  @John B 

does this work with Ikea Symfonisk speakers as well?