Skip to main content

First of all, thank you for reading this post. I bought my first Sonos device 12 years ago. Always liked it (except for the transformation from gen1 - gen2 because it's not completely compatible).

My question. I just returned from my holiday. I always power off all electronics if I leave the house for a few weeks. When i came back I wanted to start up my Playbar again. Unfortunalely it won't power on anymore. No white led light, not to find in the app. Nothing works. Tried to reset, power off and on, tried another power cable, another power socket.. called Sonos. They couldn't do much for me either...

So I already ordered the Sonos Beam Gen 2 to replace the playbar BUT I want the playbar to work again. Sonos doesn't have repair service and when I searched the internet i saw it was a rather common problem with the playbar.

Is there someone around here who can provide me some tips or a good repair manuel to repair it myself? 

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you.

Hi,

What do you mean with "Sonos doesn't have repair service" ?

If one of their speaker fails we have to trash It due that they haven't a repair service network? Really?

I Guess that within One year the world Will be flooded of roam units trashed due that average Life Is 18-22 months.

I have already replaced in warranty the first one.

Sonos was really a good company, actual managers show us the way of how destroy a good thing.

An Happy ex customer

I mean that the lady I spoke to on the phone offered me a discount (30 procent). I had to sent in my broken device. I said I wanted to keep it. Otherwise, my thoughts, they will just repair it and sell it again. The lady on the phone told me that Sonos doesn't repair broken devices. She told me that the reason they want you to sent in the old device is because of the environment.... 

Sure.... ofcourse I didn't sent my old device to Sonos. Somebody is trying to repair it for me. It's an common issue with the playbar. (Mosfet and some other components)

The reason I ordered the beam 2 is because I still have a sub and two play 3s. So my hands are tight (sort of).  

Unbelievable!

Consider that I am receiving since one year almost every week offer to buy their products with 20% discount and in this case they offer you only a 30% asking even the faulty unit back!

You are absolutely right! For sure they would have repaired your unit and sold It again as new!

I understand you, even I had the same problem but i was so disappointed that slowly was able to sell play ones and play 5. Now I have only a roam but I'll keep It until its death, more or less still One year, and a arc that thanks to the disaster that they are doing with software no one actually wants. 

Good luck with your playbar