Recessed lighting speakers

• 13 January 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Sonos team, your product is the perfect candidate for recessed can light speakers. Just sayin'

Just build the speakers into the recessed enclosure rather than the light bulb (unlike most of the junk that is available right now)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I agree. This is a brilliant idea.
"brilliant" idea. Heh, I get it.

I'm not a sound engineer, but I wonder how challenging it is to create a speaker that sounds good, with a light bulb in the center of it. I would guess it's not easy.
Actually, I had not been thinking about a combination speaker and light (though I will take credit for the intended pun). I was just thinking of a wireless speaker that would fit into a can for a recessed light. It would be like having instant in-ceiling speakers.
Ah, I do like that concept better. And being an inveterate punster myself, all kudos for that one. But, frankly, it may not be a "space" that they're interested in competing in. Or it may, who knows. They're famous for not letting us know what's going on behind the curtain (as is probably appropriate, IMHO).