Question

Problems with Bluetooth receiver

• 10 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi. I am definitely not tech savvy but hoping someone can help. I bought a Logitech Bluetooth receiver to be able play music directly through Bluetooth and not via the sonos app.
I connect to the connect amp and while I could play via line in, I couldn't play directly off a music app.
Can someone help?
Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is the bluetooth on your handheld device/computer turned on and it is paired with the Logitech? If so, the music app will play via the line in on the Connect Amp, but it will not visible as such on the Sonos controller app. Which is what you are doing when you say you can play line in...if the Logitech is wired to the input jacks on the Connect Amp.
Thank you. Yes it is wired to the input jacks and I have connected my phone via bluetoooth. I had expected to then be able to play from other apps directly. But I can't seem to. Annoying as this is the only reason I bought the receiver device.
Make sure you have done all that is necessary for using line in by reading this:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091/~/using-line-in-on-sonos
If all works as it should, anything that your phone speaker plays, will play via the Connect Amp directly from the app, using bluetooth streaming to the Logitech.
Thankyou so much! It works now ? I really appreciate your help.