Answered

Play 5 Stopped Working on WIFI

• 11 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I’ve had the Play 5 for 13 months and it stopped working yesterday. I read through the forums and nothing seems to work. I factory reset it and tried to hook it up again. It only works when connected to Ethernet. I have a Play 1 that works fine. As soon as I unplug the cable it stops.

I’m a month out of warranty and worried I’m just SOL. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 11 February 2018, 02:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Strange, very same thing just happened on my 14 month old Play:5...Sonos support very quickly identified the same WiFi card issue. Just waiting for confirmation of next steps but very helpful guys.
Badge
Well, Sonos just told me they will replace my speakers. So it might be a H/W problem after all !
Badge
I have the same issue with 2 Play:5 They both stopped working on wifi at the same time. So I guess this is a controller problem. I have 7 other Sonos speakers working fine on the network. Only the Play:5 does not work after the latest update
Thanks. I’m thinking it’s a hardware issue. I’ve been reading a lot of the forum suggestions and nothing works. I’ll call them on Monday. Thanks for your response.
Userlevel 7
Sounds like a network problem of sorts. Suggest you submit a diagnostic ASAP to Sonos and post the reference ID in this forum. As far as being SOL regarding your warranty Sonos is very good about replacing defective units for a reduced cost as long as it's not customer induced (even then...maybe so)

Here's a link on how to submit a diagnostic: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/kw/submit%20a%20diagnostic

Good luck.