Skip to main content
Only getting sound out of one speaker. I can connect to either speaker(while stereo pairing) but can't get both to work at same time. The system had been working well with Wi-Fi pandora and CD player inputs! Any thoughts?
So just to clarify here are you saying that your Sonos Connect is Sonos Room 1 and you have two Play:1’s set as a stereo pair and this is Sonos Room 2 and everything will play to either room, but you are unable to play all music sources to both rooms at the same time, is that correct?

If so, it’s sounds like network issues... are you running your Sonos devices on SonosNet (with one Sonos device cabled to your router), or are you simply using your routers WiFi for their connection?
Yes. Two room set with Play:1...fed thru Wi-Fi to connect(two exterior speakers in 2 in-closed patios 20 feet from Sonos connect). I have a CD player as RCA direct input and RCA output to amplifier for wired bookshelf speakers. I have had trouble with the Cox Wi-Fi when the speaker problem first occurred...but signal strength has been restored.

thru stereo pairing I was able to switch between the two Sonos speakers...although I am not sure which L/R channel was coming thru, but never together.

It sounds like another option that you have pointed out would be to connect directly from Sonos connect to my Cox router, eliminating any Wi-Fi wireless signal variability?
Perhaps have a look at my first post in this link below and see if it helps you get a more stable network and setup ...

Simple Fixes for Network Connection Issues

The one other thing I would maybe suggest here, as you are using your line-in on your connect and that is to set your audio compression to 'compressed' in the Advanced Settings of the Sonos App.

Hope the above link helps ...
Thanks Ken! The Sonos App (updated) is a little dodgy, but I was able to finally reset the system and have connected the Connect Boost directly to the Cox Ethernet. Both speakers are now connected and working properly, as is the input RCA connection to my amp and shelf speakers. I was never able to get a green light from either of my Play 1 set or connect as it was described in the Sonos set-up guide for those in the community having a similar issue.