Answered

Pairing/Grouping Bluetooth (*&"$*(%)YouTube..

• 13 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello there..

I’m wondering if I can group a Sonos Roam with two Sonos One and transmit via bluetooth to Roam and the Roam shares the stream to other grouped speakers.

In my ongoing frustration to save about £10 a month (I know, but it’s better in my pocket than theirs), I’ve been trying to find a way to play YouTube via my Sonos stereo pair.

YouTube are idiots.
Their interface is so basic and clunky that I’m not even tempted to spend out on their speaker system.

...and it MUST be costing them money as people simply won’t spend on a platform that doesn’t work with their systems.

If anyone has ideas on how to make this work, I’m all ears.

I only have two Sonos One and 6 3rd gen Echo Dots.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 January 2024, 15:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes it will work - The Roam and Ones need to be on the same WiFi network and setup in the same S2 Sonos App/Household… Bluetooth pair your tablet, mobile, PC, Laptop, or TV to the Roam and then group the Roam in the S2 App over WiFi with your Ones and watch YouTube on your paired device. I just find that lip-sync with the audio can sometimes be an issue, but I can live with that.

In my own case I BT pair the Roam with a FireTV when out and about in the camper van (we use a mobile LTE WiFi router for the wireless network to do the speaker grouping).

Agreed. I frequently use either Bluetooth or AirPlay 2 to my Roam, and then group that signal to a stereo pair of PLAY:3s. Works well!

I'm not sure t too fussed about TV sync... 

I'm pretty sure that between plex and vlc, that I can iron out a delay. 

It's more about migrating away from Spotify. 

I spend way more time on YouTube. 

Thanks!