Skip to main content

I recently had a Sonos one, I replaced that with the Sonos move. music and TV audio constantly skips and breaks coming from the move. I made no connection changes just replaced the one with the move. The Sonos move is 12 ft from my Sonos soundbar and 20 ft from my router all on the same floor in one room. All softwares are up to date. It's horrible.

Does the audio on the Move skip when you place the speaker at any location in your home or just that specific spot 20 ft from your router?

All locations in the room 

Have you tried unplugging your router or resetting your Move?

All locations in the room 

I suspect your Move is running on your routers 5Ghz WiFi band. I would perhaps reset it and switch it to run on the routers 2.4Ghz band instead ...and in the routers configuration pages set the bands channel-width to 20MHz to produce a stronger/more penetrating wireless signal for the Move to connect to.

To make things a little easier for you, prior to setup, connect the mobile controller device to the routers 2.4Ghz band too and remove the 5Ghz band from the Network settings of the Sonos Controller App (‘Settings/System/Network/Networks’).

Hope that resolves your connection issues.

Thank you all for the suggestions I'm not the most tech savvy but you made it simple I'll try and follow up with you guys in the morning

Do Sonos monitor this site, I’d be concerned if I were them,  so much dissatisfaction being expressed ?

@P1553d off They don’t need to be too concerned. The majority of their users are satisfied and loyal customers. Anytime you deal with wireless devices, there are always going to be some people with connection or performance issues. But they are the exception not the rule.

@P1553d off They don’t need to be too concerned. The majority of their users are satisfied and loyal customers. Anytime you deal with wireless devices, there are always going to be some people with connection or performance issues. But they are the exception not the rule.

Oh you speak for all Sonos owners?  Nice.  Network issues abound with Sonos on every forum or sale site that does reviews.