Skip to main content

So - I held off posting about the new app. I don’t tend to be the kind of person to post on such things anyway, and I wanted to see if time would make things better. I’m here to say, after several months, I really can’t stand the new app. It’s terrible in so many ways. My music stops playing sometimes for reasons I can’t even determine, and I’ve increasingly resorted to just using airplay to my Sonos speakers, even though the sound is worse (which of course defeats a major reason to using Sonos products in the first place.) But also, it’s just stop wonky and hard to use. The new search bar location was the wackiest design decision, and the search results are consistently frustrating - not taking you where you want to go quickly or reliably. It’s just an awful user experience.

In short… what gives?! Why hasn’t Sonos just resorted to the old app given all these complaints? I usually can’t resist looking at their emails about news speakers and products, and thinking about adding them yet again to my wish list...not anymore. I delete them all. My wife and kids have noticeably stopped using Sonos for anything. And for the first time in a decade I am seriously considering moving away from Sonos altogether, to go back to traditional speakers with my good receiver (which I can airplay to anyway!)

Be the first to reply!