Skip to main content
I keep getting error 1101 setting up a new Play 1. Update required, update error over and over. Restarted modem, restarted speaker , closed app restarted app. Tried wi fi tried Ethernet cable. Nothing works. Tried to reset from scratch, can’t seem to do that. Anyone any ideas?
Try another cable, just in case. That would be the obvious next step. When you say you did a hardware reset, did you still have it cabled to the main router then aswell?

Perhaps give it one more go, but then if it fails again, contact Sonos via this link below and explain your problem. They will get back to you, but bear in mind it will likely be skeleton staffing levels, due to the holiday period, so don’t be too impatient for them to respond.

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.

I would not keep hard resetting the speaker after your next attempt, as it will likely not get you any further than you are already.

Hope you get things sorted soon... Happy Holidays and New Year ?
Thanks for the advice. I don’t have another Ethernet available here only the one Sonos supplied. I’ve contacted them via messenger and we’ll see where it goes. Wish you a great Xmas, I will post on here when I get to the solution.
What router do you have?
I’m in a temporary location at the moment for Christmas so I’ve put it away for the week and will try again when home with my Virgin Suerhub. Thanks for replying
Once on my home network I was able to update quickly even using just wi fi so all working now