Skip to main content
Does solos work with Yamaha Music Cast
No, it doesn't. You might ask the Yamaha folks if they would join the Sonos ecosystem, though. Sonos has published an API for any company to use. Once the company has integrated that API, it would go through Sonos to be QA'd (presumably) and published as part of a software update.
Talking to tech support, I understood that it is possible to integrate as follows: Using a "Connect" and a Yamaha receiver that has MusicCast, feed the "Connect" output into the receiver and, feed an output of the receiver (as you would for a tape deck) into the "Connect". With this setup, you should be able to accomplish the following:

1) Sonos source material can be distributed both through the Sonos network and, via the Yamaha receiver, into the MusicCast system; and,

2) Yamaha source material (radio, television sound, CD player, etc.) can be directly distributed to the MusicCast network and output to the Sonos Connect for distribution through the Sonos network.

Caveat - I don't believe the Sonos network and the MusicCast network can use the same HDCP architecture...

At least, that's how I understood it...