Skip to main content

I purchased two Moves with the intent of creating a stereo pair of portable speakers. Fine on WiFi. Bluetooth is a whole different story. I should have paid closer attention to the specifications - specifically the FAQ. The whole point of getting two Moves was to take my music outside and on the road where there is no WiFi. I am very disappointed in Sonos at the moment. There is an old guideline in product design/development: if you can’t do something fully and completely to what the average customer will expect, don’t do it until you can.

To the Sonos engineers and product management folks: engineering a pair of speakers to work as a stereo pair over bluetooth is very possible and has been accomplished many times. I have a pair of very high quality JBL Flip4s which work nicely in stereo mode while connected to my phone in Bluetooth mode. They do this by pairing the streaming device to one of the speakers and then connecting the two speakers to each other so that the one drives the other. The sound is perfect without any lag. But the fun doesn’t stop there – you can pair over 100 of these things together and they will all play the same music! Get busy and reverse engineer one of these things. If they can do it, you can do it! And your customers expect the best since every other one of your products is far superior to any competing products.

I think I understand the issue of not supporting surround sound, though perhaps this could be possible with a toggle like the ones for either music or surround with a software upgrade. Could they not Auto tune as needed after being moved?

Also, I would also like to see fuel Bluetooth. If this happens I would definitely buy a second one.

To buy a second just to have sitting in the home as stereo is tempting but I can't find much information on whether it's worth it 🤔

I also bought 2 sonos move for for stereo bluetooth. To bad, also don’t work for tv with sonos beam. My other jbl connect can sync 100 speakers. I hope sonos adds this feature

@zorvek Thank you for bringing this to the Sonos Community. I have spoken with a few customers who want this feature brought to the Move. I will add your voice to the request to our engineers for this feature request.