Answered

More precise volume control at low volume levels.

• 31 August 2014
  • 5 replies

It would be awesome if the volume control rocker switch on the actual Sonos units was more precise at low volume levels. Right now it makes fairly large volume changes with each click, but when trying to set it at night to play at a nice low level for sleeping it's hard to get it just right. Of course the remote control app on the phone offers very fluid and finite control of the volume, but when you're trying to sleep, and it's sitting right there on the nightstand, pressing the physical buttons on the unit is easier.
icon

Best answer by MikeV 31 August 2014, 18:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Multiple ideas and questions regarding this have already been submitted/asked. Maybe someone from Sonos can combine all of these. Links below are to the various ideas that have already been created and questions asked.

Main idea (over 2 years old):
Volume Control

Other topics:
Precise volume control (also over 2 years old, but with much fewer votes)
Volume control
More precise volume button
Sonos volume control needs precision control
Volume-Help
A big wheel to control volume
Volume controls are hard to control and imprecise
volume control
Adjusting volume control interface
Poor volume control
+ - Volume control buttons

There may be others... these were all in the first two pages of a search for "precise volume control" (along with some that weren't related to this).
I'm have the same experience, it would be possible to have the volume control as an logaritmic one, just like volume controllers om bigger stand alone amplifiers. where you have greater precision om the low volume levels.  I hope for a change.

Jan 

Stockholm, Sweden 
I agree with both Brendan and Jan, also it would be great if the Sonos could equalise the volume on my MP3 files.
I agree with both Brendan and Jan, also it would be great if the Sonos could equalise the volume on my MP3 files.
Badge +1
100% agree.

It would also be awesome if Sonos could allow you to equalise optical in on the Playbase/bar with streaming audio levels. My TV is significantly quieter so I have to jack the volume up, then I switch to streaming and it’s blaring! Neighbours = 😠