Issues when screen mirroring to Apple TV and using AirPlay 2 for audio

• 20 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have my Apple TV hooked up to a sonos roam and a sonos move in the same room via AirPlay 2. This setup works fine when we’re watching TV or playing music on the Apple TV (although it periodically disconnects which is kind of annoying).

The real problem happens when we try to screen mirror an iPhone to the Apple TV. We usually do this to stream peloton workouts to the TV because the iPhone app is easier to use than the TV app and it connects to Apple Watch for heart rate monitoring. A lot of times we can’t even get the audio to play (it will be totally silent and we just see the video), but if we do get the audio working, there’s around a 2 second delay between audio and video. If we change the Apple TV to play audio through the TV speakers, the delay is gone. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to fix it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Have you perhaps tried calibrating the audio in the Apple TV settings using your iPhone? Goto ‘Settings/Video and Audio’ and scroll to ‘Calibration/Wireless Audio Sync’ and calibrate the audio for your chosen connected Airplay speaker.

It’s not a feature I have used much myself, but perhaps it will help correct the audio delay for you.