Skip to main content
I've called Sonos Tech Support about 8 times and cant get anyone to answer the phone. Every call begins with a recording that there is "high call volume, with a 30 minute wait" I've never been so frustrated with a product and wish i could return it for another wireless speaker brand. I recently waited for 30 minutes and then got disconnected!!! Such a waste of the amount of hours spent on this speaker. Im actually thinking of tossing into the NYC East River and recording it and posting it all over the web. Such poor customer service! Anyone else have this problem?
I've personally never had a problem with their service, granted with a limited sample. This is a very busy time of year and long waits are to be expected.

Could you list exactly what is going wrong? There are some Sonos reps who support through this forum, and a plethora of knowledgable users. We can usually get you going.
Ive tried support via twitter with a Sonos Rep and they told me I should call the tech support phone line as they couldnt help me via twitter. Definitely surprised at lack of support and long hold times, and then they have the nerve to email me saying theyre closing my case since they never heard from me. Yeah Sonos hasnt heard from me because they never answer the phone!! funny in a pathetic way
So you aren't going to tell us what is going wrong so we can help you out? You are just here on a support site to complain?

Uhhh, ok.
Sonos' phone support is top-notch. High quality support takes time, and with many Sonos gifts being given, the phone lines are likely clogged. Like jgatie said, if you provide info, your fellow users can try to answer any easy questions... but there are also Sonos employees here that can help with more difficult issues too.

So let us know what's going on and we'll do what we can to help you out!
Hi Greggf, sorry for the trouble. This time of year is always a busy time and as much as we prepare for it, it's still hard sometimes to handle the amount of people who reach out. We're dedicated to helping our customers and try to be everywhere we can.

I checked in on your case and made sure we'd be able to get you on the line. I believe that you just got off the phone with us. Please let us know if anything further comes up and if we can help with anything.
No! awesome product but worst tech support of any company
You can say it on 20 different threads but we still haven't a clue what you are talking about.
unable to use sonos without updating but will not update
I assume you have plugged it by Ethernet into your router and tried to update it.
unable to use sonos without updating but will not update

And this is Sonos' fault?
I think he means that it must crash and not update ... I hope he doesn't mean that he has a personal issue with updating it.
Id point out that while the phone lines and board support are minimal on weekends, they do have 24/7 support via Twitter, and perhaps Facebook. Clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page might help.
I wonder if he has tried any of the methods to get support?
and there are all kinds of free services on sonos...but yes there are some free services that don't allow Sonos to play to them. People like Spotify don't let any direct connections use their free service (Spotify connect) ...sonos or no sonos.