Skip to main content

I’m thinking of buying a pair of Sonos Architecture speakers to use outdoors but I’m not comfortable with leaving them in the elements because the grills will eventually rust and the speakers will break down sooner so I plan to disconnect them and bring them in after use. Then I thought why not just spend a few more bucks and buy a pair of Play 5 which I’ll be able to use indoors and bring them outdoors when needed. My only concern with the Play 5 is if it rains while I’m using them outside they could get wet if I’m not able to detach them and bring them in fast enough. Will any amount of water penetration ruin the Play 5 or do they have some level of water resistance. 
Thanks. 

The Sonos Architectural Outdoor speakers are rated for outdoor use. They are weather-resistant and can be mounted outdoors even under adverse weather conditions. The Play:5s or Fives are not weather-resistant and are not recommended to be used outdoors.

The Sonos Architectural Outdoor speakers are rated for outdoor use. They are weather-resistant and can be mounted outdoors even under adverse weather conditions. The Play:5s or Fives are not weather-resistant and are not recommended to be used outdoors.

Thanks.