IOS/Desktop App Much Slower With Addition of Move

• 11 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue; my IOS App and desktop client is much slower to ‘wake’ since purchasing a Move.

IOS: 14.2

Sonos OS: S2, 12.2

Move: Version: 12.2.2 (build 61183220) | Hardware Version: 1.25.1.8-2.2

So, before anyone says “it’s the wireless”, no it isn’t. My system has been very quick before bringing the Move into the house. I have staggered 2.4Ghz channels (1,6,11) through the house as well as most wireless (apart from Sonos, why!!??!!) on 5Ghz. I’ve always been of the mind that most people’s App issues have been due to phone roaming issues rather than interference/WiFi Signal, but that is just my own opinion.

But since having the Move a week ago, the app and desktop clients take seconds to wake and I assume it is searching for the Move. It’s always the Move that is the last to populate in the App.

Is it because the Move goes to sleep while on battery and has to go through Wake On Lan?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

So if you power off the Move does the issue go away again?

Just for the record, the Move and several other recent speakers can connect to 5GHz wifi.

Why are you using 3 different wireless channels?

I don't think the Move does WoL. 

Not sure what you mean by phone roaming in this context?

Badge +1

SonosNet is on Channel 11, 2.4Ghz and the Move only picked up my 2.4Ghz SSID, my 3’s and Connect AMP also don’t pick up 5Ghz although they are wired. I have a Virgin Media router with 2.4Ghz on channel 1, a Devolo DLAN EoP on channel 6 and another on channel 11 as they won’t work collectively and reduce power on those channels so I am trying to reduce cross channel interference and it seems to work okay. It must be a sleep/WoL issue as if the Move is in the power base, the app and desktop load more quickly. I guess it is a battery utilisation reduction method.