Question

International Warranty, buying in Australia and using in Singapore

Hello there, I’m looking to buy a Sonos Beam Gen 2 in Australia, Sydney. Afterwhich the speaker will be brought to Singapore. Would I still have access to the warranty? I can’t seem to find any details about international warranty and how to go about it. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Benwin 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Yes, your new Beam would still be under warranty, though in Singapore (as with some other Asian countries) all returns would be performed via Tat Chuan (an Asian retailer).

I hope this helps.

What if I bought from Australia or the US and move to Hong Kong, would the international warranty still work? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Anycorp 

Yes, but it may be restricted to the length of the warranty period that you get from the country you purchased from, if there is a difference. In other words, moving the speaker to a country that has a longer/shorter warranty period will not affect the warranty period of the speaker (USA, AU and Tat Chuan all have warranties for 1 year - my answer got complicated for anyone else who might read this. For your situation, it’s all good!).

I hope this helps.

Edit: Australian warranties can extend beyond one year under certain circumstances - this will no long apply if the speaker is no longer in Australia.