Answered

I hate my Roam

I cannot tell you how much I hate my Sonos Roam and I am beating myself up that I spent close to $200 for this miserable experience. The charge on it lasts one hour at most. Then it won’t play even when plugged in until it reaches a certain charge percentage. My old bluetooth Jambox works SO, MUCH. BETTER. 

Sonos Team: I have 6 Sonos One speakers wired in and they are wonderful. This Roam wireless option is a piece of crap.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 May 2022, 00:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

It’s IP67, so no problem

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Fine, I might damage the speaker so forget about it 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@jgatie, I’m so annoyed, since the beginning I’ve asked for help and I’m desperate, everyone seems to blame the network and I’m tired of playing games from Sonos. My Roam got a bad software update and is ruined now so no, it’s not a network problem. This thread doesn’t shows the help everybody is looking for, so please be nice and stop blaming me as a user 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

It’s not my new toy, I bought it on April 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@jgatie Am I  Annoying? No,  I was just desperate   

+1 to the hate on the roam on this thread. Out of the box, mine wasn’t working well and was replaced. Since then, I consistently have trouble when I need to switch to bluetooth mode (why not just have a dedicated button like you have on the Move?). I just got back from a holiday trip and - for the second time while traveling - trying to turn on bluetooth initiated a flashing orange light reset. This is cumbersome while traveling when I am not in my home network.

It works fine while connected to wifi in my home, but the bluetooth experience is just horrendous (a portable bluetooth speaker is the sole reason we bought this product).

I will be going back to JBL for a very simple bluetooth experience that is extremely fail-proof, especially when traveling.

Note: in the event that a factory reset is necessary, please just allow me to go straight to bluetooth mode without needing to set up my Roam to my Sonos system. This is not convenient if I’m not home and completely gobbles up the portability value.