I am unable to get my Sonos play 1 to connect to my wifi, I can get connection using my ethernet cable.

• 7 July 2015
  • 8 replies

I am unable to get my Sonos play 1 to connect to my wifi, I can get connection using my ethernet cable. I even played my speakers right next to my router/modem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Was the tethering SSID active earlier? That would have confused Sonos, with two identical SSIDs on different networks.
Yup I just went through the process again, it wouldnt pass the chime (pressing play and + simultaneously) page, and LED becomes blinking RED.

However I tried something new just now, I turned on my Tethering on my phone with the same SSID and password. The old Sonos connects perffectly, the problematic Sonos able to configure and have a stable light.

But now as I swap over to my AP, it would connect again. Strange.
In that case the second speaker should connect without having to fiddle with WiFi setup again.

If it's causing problems I suggest you reset just the second speaker. When it's been reset and its LED flashes green you should be able to add it via 'Add a Player or SUB'. Don't wire it unless the app tells you to.
WiFi. No issues with the other unit. Speakers are 1 metre away from AP.
I have 2 Sonos. The other is working fine.
How is the other player connected? You'd only need to enter WiFi credentials once for the system.
I have the same issue guys. Need some help here too. I can only connect via ethernet cable. Once connected I tried to Advance Settings -> Wireless Setup but was stuck after entering the password.

I have 2 Sonos. The other is working fine.

My diagnostic # is 6777680
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
There are a couple of settings you need to be aware of, you'll find the details in the article below:
Sonos WiFi Setup

Do let us know if you're still having difficulties connecting your PLAY:1.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
When you plug a SONOS speaker into a router it switches to SONOSnet. If you don't want to have it plugged into your router permanently then follow these steps:

Plug it into your router,
Go to Settings in the App > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup
and once you complete the Wireless Setup, you will be able to move your Play:1 away from your router.