Question

I am trying to connect my sonos connect to my yamaha rx 675 receiver

• 28 January 2015
  • 10 replies

I am trying to connect my sonos connect to my yamaha rx 675 receiver but not getting the speakers from the receiver to also have the music from the play 1 speaker. Not sure what I've done wrong. I have the audio out on the receiver to the audio in on the connect. Help.

I do have output from connect to input in receiver as well as output from receiver to input in connect.  Still can't get sonos to play on yamaha or vice versa.  Help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Is either your connect or Play 1 connected to your network?
Yes, it's connected to my network.  I can get sonos to work on it's own, but despite having cables going both directions from the connect to the receiver, I can't get the sonos speaker to play what's coming out of the receiver, nor can I get the receiver to play what's coming from sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Yes, it's connected to my network.  I can get sonos to work on it's own, but despite having cables going both directions from the connect to the receiver, I can't get the sonos speaker to play what's coming out of the receiver, nor can I get the receiver to play what's coming from sonos.
To get your Yamaha to play the audio from Sonos, make sure your CONNECT is set to be playing audio within the controller, set the receiver to the proper input, and slowly adjust the volume on the CONNECT up until you hear playback. Some receivers require the audio output on the CONNECT to be quite loud.

If you'd like the PLAY:1 to play what is coming from the Yamaha, in the controller tell the PLAY:1 to play the Line-In > CONNECT room name. Again, you might need to turn the volume up to make sure. You're receiver also needs to be able to play the output at the same time as it's playing to it's speakers.

Let us know.
Does it matter the type of RCA cables I use for the input and output to and from the connect to the receiver?  Do they need to be just the plain red and white type or gold plated type
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Regular work fine
my controller is stuck in the line in position and I can't change it.  How can I do that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If controller is locked up and you can't select another music source.... I would reboot the device (controller)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Does it give you an error when you try to change it or are you unable to get the controller to respond? If it's not responding, rebooting it as Chris suggested is a good start.
Thanks for all the suggestions and answers, got both the connect to work and the controller as well.
To get your Yamaha to play the audio from Sonos, make sure your CONNECT is set to be playing audio within the controller, set the receiver to the proper input, and slowly adjust the volume on the CONNECT up until you hear playback. Some receivers require the audio output on the CONNECT to be quite loud.

If you'd like the PLAY:1 to play what is coming from the Yamaha, in the controller tell the PLAY:1 to play the Line-In > CONNECT room name. Again, you might need to turn the volume up to make sure. You're receiver also needs to be able to play the output at the same time as it's playing to it's speakers.

Let us know.
spot on just had the same problem Crank the volume up works like a dream Thanks