Question

How can I connect my onkyo tx-sr504 sonos so everything wired to Onkyo can be listened (TV, iPod, Apple TV, radio, etc)

• 7 September 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
How can I connect my onkyo tx-sr504 sonos sound system so everything that is an input to my Onkyo can be listened (such as my TV, iPod, Apple TV, radio, etc)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Evren,

You will need a SONOS component with line-in for this (CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, PLAY:5). Once hooked up to your Onkyo system you will be able to play from external sources to SONOS.

I think the particular Onkyo model you have will need a Sonos CONNECT (not to be confused with the CONNECT:AMP).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Mohammed
Userlevel 2
Thank u I discovered the path u suggested and I am all set 😉
Hi Evren, How did you make it?
Hi Evren,

You will need a SONOS component with line-in for this (CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, PLAY:5). Once hooked up to your Onkyo system you will be able to play from external sources to SONOS.

I think the particular Onkyo model you have will need a Sonos CONNECT (not to be confused with the CONNECT:AMP).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Mohammed

hello, I want to ask you a question, I have an Onkyo stereo amplifier, with output from "Pre Out Zone 2" and with an "output line" (in the user manual says it is dedicated to tape recording), I understand that you are outputs can connect a Sonos connect and listen to the Sonos Play that I have (for me, this part of the configuration is clear), my doubt is that when wanting to listen to my CDs or my vinyl there will be a time difference between the Sonos. and my speakers that are connected to the amplifier. (The Sonos playback will sound a few seconds less than the Kef bookshelf speakers connected directly to the amplifier). How can I make them sound the same, not sound like echoes? I have not bought the Sonos Connect yet, or do you recommend buying the Sonos amplifier? I hope you understand what I want to do. In less words, I want to integrate my stereo sound with the Sonos installed in the rooms that are all synchronized at the same time, the Sonos and the Kef. Thank you