HATE SONOS- Worst System EVER.

• 30 August 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 2

First of all, when you call for support and the wait is 45 minutes each time means that you aren’t the only one having problems; you just don’t hear about 90% of them because people don’t wanna waste their time typing up complaints. 

I have personally spoken with 3 other people, none of which know each other and they all hate sonos and say it’s the worst product ever.

Customer service reads from cue cards and never understand what I need. The instructions online… horribly written. 

I was told that Sonos was perfect for syncing up music in multiple rooms for my event business. I have 2 separate 1 gig WiFi systems set up to support 15 TVs, 15 streaming devices, cameras, nests and WiFi, plus guest access ALL GOING at the SAME TIME. When I look at how much bandwidth is actually being used at any given time, it’s not even a 20%. 

Problems:

1. Every 10 to 30 minutes the speakers lose connection and stop playing.
  2. Takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes to reconnect
  3. App goes gray and flashes… sometimes the app actually opens and it will say unable to connect
  4. Other times, it says it cannot find the Sonos on the network 
  5. WHY cant we change WiFi choice from app… WTF? Why would it not be a simple choice to change on the app? Makes NO sense. 
  6. Am told over and over that my ONLY solution is to hardwire the speakers. THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION… why can’t your people understand that?? So I’m expected to run a long wire through the middle of my event space because your speakers only work through internet? 
  7. NO BLUETOOTH OPTION… EVEN A BIGGER WTF! At least if I have Bluetooth, I could play music continuously if the Wi-Fi drops. Absolutely ridiculous that this is not an option.

I will be getting rid of these HORRIBLE THINGS… along with your horrible service.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT EVER

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Did you think about adding the Boost to your Sonos setup? I have several Sonos throughout my house. It’s on my Wifi which I do occasionally have issues (drop outs, loose connection). It can be a little frustrating at times. But I am 100% happy with my set up. 
I am considering buying a Boost to run my Sonos separately from others using the wifi in the house. I’m also considering running Ethernet and switches to all my Sonos products so I wouldn’t have anymore issues with Wifi.

Running ethernet to your sonos devices is an excellent idea, I would go with that over the boost 100%. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Did you think about adding the Boost to your Sonos setup? I have several Sonos throughout my house. It’s on my Wifi which I do occasionally have issues (drop outs, loose connection). It can be a little frustrating at times. But I am 100% happy with my set up. 
I am considering buying a Boost to run my Sonos separately from others using the wifi in the house. I’m also considering running Ethernet and switches to all my Sonos products so I wouldn’t have anymore issues with Wifi.

Running ethernet to your sonos devices is an excellent idea, I would go with that over the boost 100%. 

So I wouldn’t need the Boost if I were to run Ethernet with switches? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

So I wouldn’t need the Boost if I were to run Ethernet with switches? 

No you would not.