Feature Request: Switch between radio stations with controls on speaker

• 6 September 2023
  • 1 reply

When playing on-demand streaming music via Spotify or another source  I can skip or rewind tracks using the Next/Previous touch controls on the top of my Sonos. Thus I can change the music without getting my phone out or going to a computer or yelling at Alexa, ect.

When listening a streaming radio station, the Next/Previous controls do nothing except flash an orange error light.

I would love to be able to use Next/Previous touch controls to cycle through my saved streaming stations!

My $20 FM radio can change stations without requiring the use of a smart phone app, it will be cool if my Sonos could do that too! 😁

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The lutron pico  remote has a center button that cycles through your sonos favorites.  You can get the cheaper light remote that has same buttons but different labels on them, but you do need to purchase a lutron hub.

Ikea also has a sound remote that is popular, but I don’t know if has the ability to switch favorites. It does require a hub too.

But, those all require you to buy something extra obviously.  Adding the ability to double tap or long press the rwd/fwd buttons on the new speaker designs (wouldn’t work for older button layout) would be a nice feature.