Skip to main content
Answered

Ethernet and Turntable

• 15 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Am looking at buying in to Sonos - not sure whether it will be and ERA 100 pair or a single 300. I will probably hard wire the speakers in but will also want to connect a turntable. Looking at a single speaker installation, is that possible or is it either/or in terms of ethernet cable or turntable? With dual speakers I imagine all will be well.

THanks

Colin

3 replies

Yes, a single Sonos speaker, such as the Era 300, will accept and play a stereo signal, from any source, such as a turntable, no matter if it comes in via the line in, Ethernet cable, or WiFi. My personal preference is a stereo pair, but a single speaker will work. 

Badge +1

Thanks, but can a single speaker support a connection to ethernet and turntable at the same time. That is, are there two connection points? I sort of got then ides there was just a single line in and nothing else.

I favour a stereo pair too but the question I am wrestling with is the cost of the 300 and whether a single 300 will be good, not just good enough.  I can always buy a second later and that leaves me set up for spacial audio/Dolby Atmos.

Colin

Ah, sorry, I didn’t understand the question. Yes, you can choose in the software which input you’re playing from, the line in, or the internet connection(s).