Skip to main content

If you are lucky, it will last over a year (until the warranty expires) then die. Dead. When contacted, supports’ solution is to sell you another. If you refuse this option and are willing to spend over an hour proving that it is, indeed, dead and arguing that you will not accept anything other than replacement and being placed on hold (repeatedly), they will finally relent and agree to back their product. 

You need to be made of tough stuff to buy a ROAM. If not, heed my advice and DO NOT BUY A ROAM

Odd, I’ve had my Roam for over a year, and it still functions exactly the way I want it to, perfectly. 

No real evaluation if I’m made of ‘tough stuff’ or not, though. I think I am, but that’s something hard to pin down. 

Odd, I’ve had my Roam for over a year, and it still functions exactly the way I want it to, perfectly. 

No real evaluation if I’m made of ‘tough stuff’ or not, though. I think I am, but that’s something hard to pin down. 

Same here.  Works great.

So your product is out of warranty, but Sonos gives you a full replacement anyway, and you still come on here to tell people not to buy Sonos.  

The two Roams here are still going strong. Both work extremely well, in fact. I use both, or at least one of them, most days. Not even a glimmer of an issue with either speaker. 

I have had them since they were first launched - my only (small) regret is they are both Shadow Black in colour …and I now quite like/prefer the look of the coloured Roams that came out later on.

If the Roams I have here were to ever fail, I would not hesitate to replace either one with a colourful model… I quite fancy the Olive Green, or Sunset Red.

If the Roams I have here were to ever fail, I would not hesitate to replace either one with a colourful model… I quite fancy the Olive Green, or Sunset Red.

This is just wrong.  Wave is the best color.

If a year isn’t enough for you there are many good extended warranty options.

I always add one to Sonos products I’m giving as gifts.

This ROAM was used for several hours nearly every day. It worked perfectly. I expected it to, as the owner of several Sonos products, i’ve come to expect perfection.

Maybe I am wrong, and after a year and a half of operation, I should be willing to throw it away and spend $179 on a new one.