Question

Disable Auto-standby for Sonos Move?

• 15 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I love the Sonos Move speaker. However, I'd like to add it to an Alexa multi-room music group, but after waiting for several years for Sonos to add this functionality, I'm not holding my breath that it will ever happen. So instead, my solution was to connect it to an Echo dot or Echo Input via bluetooth in order to be able to connect it to my Alexa MRM group. However, the Move seems to be continually going into a power saving mode, even while on the charger base when it is in bluetooth mode. This causes it to disconnect from the echo dot. Is there any way to disable this feature of going into Auto-standby state while in bluetooth AND on the charging base? I have a Bose soundtouch speaker that has a toggle to disable this. Does the move? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @shmty25, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this concern about the stand by mode on the Sonos Move, But to answer your question, We do not have that feature yet. I’ll have this tagged as a feature request We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products and services. You may refer to this Thread link as a reference for discussion about this topic. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.