Skip to main content

Deleting a speaker zone

• 25 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Has this been fixed yet? For whatever reason I cannot delete a phantom zone/player. We have 10 Sonos speakers but it shows 12
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you tried rebooting (power off and on) your router and Sonos devices?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Strictly speaking, there isn't an option to delete a player because the software itself will only show Sonos players that are on your network and powered up. You shouldn't even have Phantom players, but if one has been unplugged and not updated, try controlling it and it should drop off.

If you check under About Sonos within the Sonos software you'll see each and every one of your players listed there, with their serial numbers and IP addresses.

Is it possible you have a few extra devices that you didn't know about? Such as a BRIDGE or BOOST that needs to update?

Perhaps you have a neighbor also on the same network who merged Sonos households with you? This is unlikely but it's happened before.

Try selecting a player that you don't think you should have, turn the mute on, and look at all of the Sonos devices in your home to see if any are showing the Green LED.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have the same problem, showing one too many speakers - a sub that was returned to SONOS as defective. It’smimportant for me to have it removed as i approach the 32 device limit. Has any one been able to do it?