Question

Connecting Sonos with a Samsung Soundbar

• 11 January 2017
  • 6 replies

> Hi everyone! First time poster! I have a connect amp, 2 play 1's and a play 3 and wired bathroom speakers. I also have samsung wireless soundbar and sub. Is it possible for me to connect this to my current set up? If so how? Thanks 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You would need to buy a Sonos Connect, and use either its analog stereo or digital optical output to connect it to your Samsung Soundbar. This will allow you to play Sonos audio through your soundbar, and group it with your other Sonos zones so they can play the same audio at once.
Ah i see. Thanks alot MikeV...sounds doable. Just an extra piece of kit needed! 🙂
I have a set of play 1's and a connect. I'm trying to connect to a samsung soundbar that onky has hdmi and optical ports. How can i do this? I bought an optical cable but i can't grt it to qork
The Connect only has RCA analog inputs, and the PLAY:1s have no analog input. Without some sort of converter to change optical to analog, I don’t think you’re able to get it to work.
Thank you. What about connecting the tv ports to the connect? Would this work to connect the tv, soundbar and sonos connext?
Not sure what you’re getting at. The analog input on the CONNECT is stereo, and it has no capability of decoding a 5.1 signal of any kind. So anything that you push to the device has to be in stereo format.