Skip to main content
Question

Connecting DJ Mixer via Line-in Play 5.... Latency

• 22 October 2017
  • 4 replies

How to get no Latency from the dj mixer and through Play 5 Line-in. I have changed the compression setting to uncompresses but theres still a slight lag.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi. Sonos is a multiroom hifi system and the latency is a design feature needed for synching rooms. I am afraid is isn't designed or suitable for DJ applications
I have the Boost, Sub, Playbar, Play 3, Play 5 and also have apple TV.. I also have a netgear ethernet switch... Pioneer djm 750 mk2. There has to be a solution
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
Do you know other wireless solutions with no latency? I guess it is not possible unless ot is designed for that purpose.
The closest you could get would be to get the DJ machine to output a digital signal via an optical cable, and plug that in to the PLAYBAR, but if you were to then push that music to any speakers beyond those set up as the 5.1 system, you'd still get a delay.

As others have said, you're attempting to use a system that has to have a delay to operate in a method it's not designed to. Just search these forums for many other people who have tried, and not been successful.