Skip to main content
I have two Sonos Play 3 speakers and a Kilpsch subwoofer I would like to connect to my Audio Technica LP 120 turntable. Will I need a Sonos Connect or Connect: Amp?
The CONNECT: AMP has an output for a non-Sonos subwoofer, the CONNECT doesn't. Both have an analog stereo in.
The sub still won't properly integrate with the 3 pair. If you are going down this route, look also for a good pair of passive speakers - and used ones will serve just as well for a much lower price - for the Connect Amp and redeploy the 3 units to other spaces/rooms. The passive speakers can then also be small units, usually also cheaper, with the sub taking over bass duties. The only esthetic downside is speaker cable runs.
#Connect is garbage ..only lasted 2 years ..not repairable, and they want $250 to replace with one that is probably refurbished.
3 Connect all about 5 years old and working perfect
Yeah but you can't get the 1st Gen now.
curious what you use 3 connects for and why you have 14K replies? are you a robot? or a Sonos employee?
Robot
I have one hooked to my computer (allows me to play computer audio to all my sonos speakers as well as turns my good computer speakers into Sonos speakers).

I have 2 different rooms that have legacy 5.1 receivers (bedroom and livingroom) that Connects therefore turn into Sonos zones (and allow me to play TV audio back to any Sonos speakers).

I need a 4th on for my vacation home receiver but I just take the one from my bedroom receiver at home with me when I go to save having to buy another.
I only have two connects but I use them to drive a multichannel receiver in two different rooms. They also work great to drive my headphones off the RCA outputs. I'm watching ebay for a third connect as when I swapped a Play 5 1st gen for a second gen unit I lost my headphone outlet there.
#Connect is garbage ..only lasted 2 years ..not repairable, and they want $250 to replace with one that is probably refurbished.

You do sound angry, which I guess is why you dive-bombed this thread ... but all products experience some rate of failure. You can’t state that a product is ‘garbage’ without knowing the overall failure statistics, which you do not. My three CONNECTS all came from eBay, and continue to work perfectly.