Question

Change Wifi Network

• 15 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to change the wifi network for the player without connecting to router via ethernet cable?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I don't think so. Except to factory reset the system and begin afresh, but that will destroy Sonos playlists, favourites, service registrations etc, so not to be undertaken lightly. Why is temporary wiring an issue for you?

You could change the new router SSID and password to match the original router's if that is in your control, but I guess it isn't, or you would be able to wire.
Thanks for the reply John B. The only reason temp wiring is an issue is the 2 players were mounted up near the ceiling in a room. So the only issue is getting to them an temporarily attaching a ethernet cable.
I hope that Sonos comes up with a software solution soon. For example, Apple TV allows you to change wifi and password via their app.

Thanks for the reply
If it's the router that is changing, you could change the router SSID and password to be the same as the original router.