Skip to main content

My roam arrives tomorrow and was curious if the roam will be able to stereo pair to a Sonos One I already have in my kitchen ? Using Sonosnet throughout my house.
Like the idea of taking my roam on the go when out of the house and use with BT but when home I’d like to drop it back in kitchen to act in stereo pair with my Sonos One If possible - Will I have to repair every time I return home and place the roam back in kitchen on sonosnet ?

Thanks for the help 

No, a Roam cannot be paired as a stereo pair with a Sonos One. The Roam can only be paired with another Roam.

Thanks for the quick answer. So I guess I will just group it with my Sonos one already in my kitchen.

When I return my roam to my home after being out of house in BT mode all day will the roam automatically recognize my home sonosnet and join automatically each time ? 

Like the Move, I don’t believe the Roam will connect to SonosNet, but it should automatically reconnect to your home’s Wi-Fi once you are back in range.

Yes you can simultaneously play music using both roam and one if you have apple airplay and select both speakers. 

Which is “grouping” and not “stereo pairing”. 

Sorry yes you’re correct. So can I group through the Sonos app a one and a roam? Under system I never have both one and roam listed at the same time, is this normal?

Thanks 
Chris. 

Yes, you should be able to. Having only one listed at a time is an indication of a likely network issue of some type.