Answered

Can Port be disabled to maintain analog signal

• 13 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I currently have a Rega Planar 3, Rega MK5, integrated amp, and Polk R200s. I am looking at the Port so I can connect to other Sonos speakers in my house. However, if I don't want to connect to the other Sonos speakers, is it possible to disable the Sonos Port and have the analog signal maintained to my Polks? 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 13 August 2023, 19:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No.

Is there an external switch I could use to bypass the Port when I want to maintain the analog signal? 

Is there an external switch I could use to bypass the Port when I want to maintain the analog signal? 

As plainly stated, there is no way to keep the signal analog.  No switch, no bypass, no nothing.  The line-in is digitized no matter what.

You can use an external switch, but there is nothing in the Port to allow analog throughput.

You can attach PORT to the MK5 as if PORT is an analog cassette deck. This will allow you to ‘play’ PORT’s analog Line-Out through the MK5 and ‘record’ MK5’s analog output through PORT’s Line-In. Line-In can play in any combination of SONOS Rooms.

Note that there will be a 75ms time offset between input to PORT and output from the SONOS speakers.