Question

Can a Move play music quietly?

• 28 December 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor II
  • 5 replies

Just bought a Sonos Move to replace a One, and one of the key uses is to be able to play music quietly at night. Unfortunately, the Move seems to bottom out at “quite loud". Even after disabling Loudness and setting both Bass and Treble EQ to -10, it's still far too loud.

Adjusting the max volume just makes the first few volume increments silent - it still starts making noise at the same volume.

Tested initially via the Sonos app, but the same issue is present playing across Bluetooth from Spotify on a phone

The speaker sounds great when I want loud music, but I need it to play quietly at night!

Can anyone help

Thanks

David

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @abs, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this concern on your Sonos Move. So that we can check for any issues or the historical diagnostics of the sounds of your Sonos Move, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. I’ll also ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• Since you just got the Sonos Move, initially, does it behave like this or was it fine during the initial set up?
  • Have you tried to reset to default the EQ, Loudness bass, and treble of the Move to check if that will make any difference?
  • Does this happen when you try to use other device controllers where you have the Sonos App?

Answers to these questions will help us unfold what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.