Buzzing from Play:1 during bass when over half volume

• 4 January 2014
  • 6 replies

When Play:1 is turned up past half volume, the speaker buzzes during any bass, such as a bass guitar...tried resetting it, moving it to another location, unplugging power cord and reconnecting...still buzzes. Speaker is brand new, can I use the warranty for a new one?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Chris,
I’m sorry to hear about the problem you’re experiencing.

I would like more information about the Sonos system, may I ask you to submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.
Also make sure the PLAY:1 is playing music.
Here is a FAQ showing you how to Submit system diagnostic

I will review the diagnostic and get back to you.
Keep me posted.

Best regards,
Max
Userlevel 2
I have the exact same annoying issue. Have two Sonos Play 1s, only a couple months old. One is fine, the other has this buzz or vibration from bass frequencies. I turned off trueplay, no diff. Turned off bass boost and a bit better, but still there. Very annoying
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the exact same annoying issue. Have two Sonos Play 1s, only a couple months old. One is fine, the other has this buzz or vibration from bass frequencies. I turned off trueplay, no diff. Turned off bass boost and a bit better, but still there. Very annoying

Gu Deanb,

Please send us a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, we'll take a look for you. Here's how to submit reports.
I have the same issue, Purchased 1 month ago and called Curry's the same day, was told to give it time to settle in and reconfigure the bass settings. I now play with a tiny amount of bass as it buzzes. I have sent Diagnostics, 8180313
Badge
I have the same issue as mentioned above. I've had the device for just over 4 months and still getting a buzzing sound when playing any kind of music with bass. I've submitted a diagnostics. Ref: 1265475785
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same issue as mentioned above. I've had the device for just over 4 months and still getting a buzzing sound when playing any kind of music with bass. I've submitted a diagnostics. Ref: 1265475785

Hi dotnetKirk,

Thanks for sending in the report. Due to the nature of this issue it would be best to work with our phone team. Please call us up, our phone number can be found here.