Blown Bass on Play 5?

• 27 July 2017
  • 7 replies

I have a Play 5 that, I think, has blown the bass. In the low range of songs played loudly (not full volume), I get bad vibrations. Is there troubleshooting I can do? Anyone else experience?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

jigarsd: In order to have a unit replaced, you will need to contact our support team and they will be able to determine your options.
I am having the same issue. can i get offered an upgrade?
Halfalaugh: According to your support ticket, we offered an upgrade (not a replacement) to a PLAY:5 Gen 2 from your PLAY:5 Gen 1 that was registered in 2010. If you happen to change your mind, simply reply to the message from the technician you were in touch with. We are happy to help.
This happened to me. Read other forums - it’s a design fault that’s happened to a lot of People. After contacting support and sending diagnostic I was offered a replacement for £350!. No fix offered or advice on how to fix it. Think i’ll Spend my money elsewhere as a replacement could just do the same. Shame as I liked the products but no more.
Hi, I have 2 x Play:5's and have a similar problem. It still plays ok but just the tweeters. I have tries changing the eq setting to full base and no treble but it still sounds the same. The other one is working well and has a full base sound. Does this mean that it has lost/blown the base speaker?
I have a Play 5 that, I think, has blown the bass. In the low range of songs played loudly (not full volume), I get bad vibrations. Is there troubleshooting I can do? Anyone else experience?
I'm having the same issue as of yesterday. Were you able to resolve this with a software fix or reset?
HI csrussi, Welcome to the Community.

Does it happen across all sources, and have you tried a reset and then don't tune it and does the issue persist? I have created a support ticket for you and emailed the details to your Community registered email.

Do let us know how you get on, thanks