Allow to group the volume control to the hardware buttons on the Sonos unit!

• 24 February 2014
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 1
Please DO NOT DO THIS unless it is an option rather than default behavior. as somebody who regularly runs 8 or more zones in a group it would cause complete chaos if somebody in a given room should decide to change the volume and it disrupted listening in other areas.
Agree, it should just be an option. Just as you can connect the Subwoofer to a pair of Sonos, you should be able to volume-connect more speakers/pairs in one room. I guess I'm not the only one having more speakers in one room than just a pair, who would like to control volume in that particular room with the volume buttons without always starting op the remote app. Hey this is anyway also possible in the app - volume control for all group or seperate. Why not make it the same with physical buttons Sonos? Seems like just a software add on?
Please DO NOT DO THIS unless it is an option rather than default behavior. as somebody who regularly runs 8 or more zones in a group it would cause complete chaos if somebody in a given room should decide to change the volume and it disrupted listening in other areas.
agreed. not a great idea for large systems.
Userlevel 1
When you say that this not possible...Do you mean it's never possible or that the software does not support it currently? 
Yes! PLEASE add this to the next software update. It is a HUGE issue by us, having a pair of Play1's grouped with a Connect in same room and really need to have this physical volume control opportunitiy as it is a hassle to open the app every time you need volume adjustment for whole group. This should be a software selection which you could just turn off and on as you like. PLEASE Sonos, do this before your competitors ;-) 
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
When you say that this not possible...Do you mean it's never possible or that the software does not support it currently? 
Hi Gerard, 

from experience I would say this should be possible as it is a software matter. That is why I turned your question into an Idea for others to back your request. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
When you say that this not possible...Do you mean it's never possible or that the software does not support it currently?  Is it technically possible as a feature enhancement in the future?
Userlevel 3
I think this is an idea, I think
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Gerard, 

this is not possible as the hardware buttons only relate to the physical Sonos Player, not it's role in a group. 

Regards, 

Daniel H.