Answered

Airplay For iMac

• 1 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I cannot get the MOVE to connect to my imac as a speaker option.

We have a sonos beam & a move. They both work fine on our Iphones. Also both work on the sonos app on the computer… 

We often want to play to the Beam & the Move at the same time from itunes/music app on the imac.

FYI. We are operating big sir 11.2.3 so we do have airplay 2. 

The beam has always shown up as a speaker option ( in system sound preferences and so it shows up in the bluetooth & wifi) So we can airplay to it just fine from the itunes/music speaker toggle.

We have never been able to get the Move to show up as a speaker in the imac system. It doesn’t show on any of the help forum answers I’ve tried either. Below is what I have tried….

1. setting it to bluetooth on the move and checking to pair a new bluetooth option. It never shows up. I think its’ connected to the wifi because it works on all the iphones and apps.
  1. Removing it from our phones bluetooth then trying computer...since one article suggested that it can only show on one device at a time? But the beam shows up on all devices just fine. I don’t want to have to pair and unpair this speaker everytime I want to switch between phone and imac…. that would be SUPER annoying. But it didn’t show up after doing that either. 
  2. Downloading the sonos2 app for imac. Both speakers show there. But still not in my actual computer. 

UGH> So stressed after researching for several hours. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 June 2021, 03:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base

You should also reboot your router and iMac.