Skip to main content

I am having trouble with a speaker that goes offline.  After an hour on the sonos chat and then on the phone with technical support I am no further forward.  So I have taken to doing my own research and this is throwing up some questions, which might help me get to the bottom of this. 

First question - in the app - system - about my system: the ‘associated product’ IP address is (I understand) the device that the app gets all the system info from for all devices.  The speaker it is using is one of the furthest away (but not the one that goes offline).  Is there any rhyme or reason to which device Sonos chooses?

The Associated Product was simply the first player to respond when the controller started from cold. Sometimes it will change during the course of a controller session. And sometimes it will stick between sessions.

I am having trouble with a speaker that goes offline.  After an hour on the sonos chat and then on the phone with technical support I am no further forward.  So I have taken to doing my own research and this is throwing up some questions, which might help me get to the bottom of this. 

First question - in the app - system - about my system: the ‘associated product’ IP address is (I understand) the device that the app gets all the system info from for all devices.  The speaker it is using is one of the furthest away (but not the one that goes offline).  Is there any rhyme or reason to which device Sonos chooses?

Perhaps also see if this video may assist with your offline speaker issue…

Wireless Interference and Sonos