Skip to main content

Hi,

I have to install 4 Sonos ONE in a room, each one approx. placed in the cornor and connected with netcable (so no wifi).

Is there any recommendations to the setup of the speakers. I´m thinking making 2 stereo pairs vs. 4 mono speakers, or is this what suits me best?

Regards

Robert

A question first.  Is no wifi available?  If so, how will the speakers be set up?  

i would expect 4 mono to be better - but you can try both and see.

I think it’s a case of what sounds best for each and every ‘regular’ listener in the room for their chosen seated/listening position.

I would personally never choose to have stereo audio going from a channel in front of a regular listener to the ‘paired’ channel behind them, or vice versa, but audio left side of the room to the right hand side might sound fine.

As John B mentions, I too suspect Mono might sound better, but always go with what you, and the other regular listeners in the room, prefer to hear.

A question first.  Is no wifi available?  If so, how will the speakers be set up?  

They will be connected with a rj45 cable.

I think it’s a case of what sounds best for each and every ‘regular’ listener in the room for their chosen seated/listening position.

I would personally never choose to have stereo audio going from a channel in front of a regular listener to the ‘paired’ channel behind them, or vice versa, but audio left side of the room to the right hand side might sound fine.

As John B mentions, I too suspect Mono might sound better, but always go with what you, and the other regular listeners in the room, prefer to hear.

Thank you both. I will go for mono at a start.

But what controller device will you use for setup? You will need a mobile device and therefore a WiFi connection. 

But what controller device will you use for setup? You will need a mobile device and therefore a WiFi connection. 

There Will be WiFi and setup done from a phone. 

Try all the options and see; Sonos makes it easy for you to do this via just tapping in the app.